Sunday, July 18, 2010

Can I do a somersault?

This morning mister baby came home with his daddy from the grannies.  They've been out for like 2 nights and 3 days.  So I was home alone, only with my books and lappy around.  That explains why I've been a little active in the blogosphere.

I thought I was okay.  And so I was.  Until last night, hubby insisted on having a chat over on Skype.  Said mister baby wants to see me. Know that my baby is barely 2 years old and I wondered how he could have communicated that to him.. So I told him Nah.  I would just wait for the morning since they'd be home already then anyway.

He was insistent.

I was insistent. No, I did not want to.

While we were exchanging with the to chat or not to chat coversation over FB, I realized how I missed my son.

Damn.

I felt my throat aching with tears.  It felt like the size of a fist.

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Who wouldn't not miss this angel?


I didn't want to see him on Skype because I knew I would ruin the fun that's there's suppose to be in it.

I didn't want to see him on Skype because I didn't want him to feel weird that his mom was crying so oddly, while smiling and all.

I didn't want to see him on Skype because I would want to hold him, cuddle, kiss him and I knew I couldn't.

So I didn't.






I woke up today as early as the sun. Excited.

When they arrived, I took him from his dad and held him.
And then, he held me too like he would normally do.
But I was wrong.

It was already a good 5 minutes, and he was still clinging tightly to me.  His little arms wrapped around my neck.  And his face burrowed on my shoulders. 
Tightly.


This was the part when I said Can I do a somersault?

Hub asked me why I had my eyes swollen.
I just smiled at him.  He knew from the way I held mister baby the answer.

And it was teasing time, big time!



P.S. No, I cannot do a somersault..:)

9 comments:

Gnetch said...

Aw. So adorable. :)

Mishieru said...

Awww! You are indeed a mommy!

jozen said...

awe!! so sweet :)

janjan said...

oh my...you really missed him terribly

Ratz said...

Awww... you did miss him bad An... Thankfully he's back....

i'm no miss said...

Thanks guys! I did miss him and when it comes to my son, I'm really OA.. :)

Emily Jane said...

Awwww!! :)

sEy said...

that's what makes mother so special. When I was young, having my mother beside me would mean the world to me, and when I'm sick,....having her to hold me was such a relief....

I understand the feeling your son had! He missed you so much!!!

i'm no miss said...

@Emily Jane - :)

@Sey - Yeah..I was awed and overwhelmed by the fact too that he was able to communicate that to me, in a very loving manner..:)