Saturday, May 8, 2010

Twitter wins! *note annoyance

So I had been avoiding Twitter.  I had it since August last year, but I thought I have Facebook, dying Friendster [sorry :( ] 2 Multiply, several baby sites, gmail, yahoo mail, picasa, photobucket, wedding announcer, youtube and a lot other internet sites (some I forgot already) and now a BLOG- all of these accounts I should have a login and password and should somehow MAINTAIN or attend to, be active on - in short NOT TO BE NEGLECTED.

So no Twitter.

But I think Twitter insists.

Here goes how.

I changed my template. Again. ( I have said these lines a million times in my posts I guess)  It's this one.  I thought, nice and clean. So I want this.

Tweak, tweak, tweak.

Hmm, but I ignored those two little floaters just beside my blog title.  But okay, I'll give them a click.

RSS. Click. Fine. Okay.

Twitter. Click. Hassan Blogger blah blah blah.

That's not me.



So I scampered off quickly to the editing dashboard.  I cannot have my followers be led to some guy not even connected to me.

I looked for the twitter link and tried changing it with -

What?

My twitter profile was farthest back in my mind.  Nope.  Not that one.  Got to be clever.



For lack of idea, I put:
xxx.xxx (as in nothing, nothing, nothing.)
Merrily hit the 'save' button.  Satisfied.


Until I test-clicked it.


Loading ......moved to http://xxx.xxx




Done.






Ohh-HA!

What the f-yu-z-k have I done!?

So again, I scampered off to the editor, this time almost panicky!


After some groping for my twitter profile, there you go.

Click that little bugger floating up there.. C'mon...

It's DECENT, and IT'S MINE. Haha!



Oh, twitter.

You won.

Hate-cha!



P.S. Have a great weekend everyone!


UPDATE: I lost a follower after this post. So, I found a way to remove the link, or make it unclickable.  It perhaps made a wrong impression of me. I don't know.  Guess, it happens.

But just in case, this post was meant to be fun.  Just one of the funny things that happened to me.  Nothing more than that. ;)

14 comments:

Ratz said...

Ha ha ha.. this is too funny.... Twitter really does that to us... Thankfully i just deleted ny Twitter A/c two weeks back... But i am kinda missing FB. :-(
I guess i shud start hating FB as well.... :-D

Alexandra Crocodile said...

Hahaha! I laughed so hard when I saw that xx.xxx picture:) You wouldn't want to be associated with that, I'm sure:)

Gnetch said...

Hahaha! That was shocking. And funny. You have to understand, Twitter demands your attention. And it won!

P.S. Why are you still up? It's almost 3 a.m.

:)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is too funny! I continue to resist twitter.... I feel like I would have zero followers!!

Emily Jane said...

LOL I was a total new kid on the Twitter block, I've only been on a couple of months. It's definitely unnecessary but strangely powerful lol!!

Mishieru said...

Hahaha! That's really funny! Ouch!!! I forgot i was holding a hot mug of coffee. Spilled on my legs coz of laughing!

I also have a dying friendster and soon to be dying fb. I rarely been on my fb. I think i am obsessed to blogging.

The Empress said...

Oh. that is horrible.

What the heck is going on?

janjan said...

haha! what's up with the "xxx"? anyway, i hate twitter too. i'm thinking of deactivating my account after that celebrity incident.

Meg said...

wowww...i dont doubt twitter capability ;-)
i have a twitter account since almost a year but just dont understand what to do with it except share my blog posts. So i love blogging more.

jennifer young said...

haha! oh twitter...:)
j.

Mad About Pink said...

Haha, very funny! I know what you mean! I had a similar problem with the ads on my blog. Now all fixed...ha ha

Tiffany said...

hahahaha! that was ONE adventure!
i got a good laugh! and now i know to be carepul with the x's.
by the way, my bro once googled piou - piou (a baby noise for shooting) and a french game came up where you have to get a little birdie home running into as few bubmle bees as possible :P

Staycee said...

Hi There,
Thanks for joining us & hope that you will every Tuesday .. Thanks for following I am now following you back :)

Staycee ( Survey Junkie )

jozen said...

i have given up on twitter.