Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tokens of blogofriendship! (UPDATED)


Don't all those statuettes look lovely?

So, wearing a rock-the-red-carpet dress, behind the fancy lectern and glaring against the spotlight,

"Thank you Mitch, Gnetch and Alex!"


I started blogging all on my own.  I mean, I had no audience/listener/reader at all for quite some time. That was what blogging is all about.  Just express yourself. Period.  

Then, I happened to look around, and wow, it felt wonderful to read blogs with people actually reading them and see those lovely awards floating on  the sidebars or anywhere. 
As I started blogging again, a month ago or so, I realized -

Blogofriends!

They bring you to a whole new level of blogging experience.

So, if you are reading this from your dashboard following, or google reader, or whatever, the Beautiful Blog Award is for you! I hope you'd appreciate my way of appreciating you.  So, take it! (I'm saying it nicely.)


I want to retain the 'special-ness' of these awards but since they had been bouncing around the blogosphere, almost all of my lovely prospective awardees got one already.


So, I shall give the Sunshine Award to my would-be follower. He or she will add a ray to my sun. That would be Follower #39!


The Karate Award..goes to..


*MegFee

You guys made my mother's day post for my mom extra special.  For reading and commenting, thank you! You gave this year's day an extra kick!

I bought a cake, wrapped some lovely gift and most of all, brought her first and only grandson close for the weekend bonding. She gave me this lovely pair.



Would you believe these are made from water lily? Woven. I have lots of these pairs, sometimes made of abaca, and they are such comfortable wears!  All from my mother.


---
*Couldn't find her blog link..


UPDATE: The Sunshine Award goes to Yaya's Mommy!  Please take the statuette made of sunshine. Welcome aboard :-)

24 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That's awesome that you were able to spend Mother's Day with your mom! I can't wait to see mine on Thursday.

Thanks for the blog love. :)

Island Gal said...

Congrats!!

KleinsteMotte said...

Hope 39 comes along soon!

Gnetch said...

Wow, you've got lots of awards. I'm pretty sure follower #39 is coming soon.

And I'm glad you got to spend Mom's day with your mom.

Oh, and thanks.

Rhea said...

congrats on the award! hope to receive some in the future, I am a new blogger as well!

The Empress said...

Oh em gee and thank you!

ALways fun to see my name up!

Glad you gave your mom a special mother's day. That is one for her special memory vault.
Thanks, again!

Mishieru said...

Congrats! You deserve all those awards.

That's a beautiful gift for your mom! I used to asked for that slip-ons when my friend from Bicol went home for vacation.

And oh thanks! It's still exciting to receive those awards though i have received it already, :)

janjan said...

congrats on the awards. you deserve them all and thanks for sharing some of it with me.

i'm no miss said...

Thank you ladies for the well wishes and congratulations. You all make me feel delighted and happy! And please, take your awards! Please. =)

StarGazer said...

thank you blog frienddddd! I'm taking the beautiful blogger one. I love your blog!

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

Happy Tuesday Follow. Following you back.
http://littleyayasandblessed.blogspot.com/
~Cindi

Shanna said...

Awesome! I am now following you from FMBT. Have a wonderful day! =)
http://mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com/

Emily Jane said...

Aww!! Thanks so much for the blog love, and for your comments :) Totally enjoying reading your blog!

Whosyergurl said...

Why, a lil' ol' kahrahte kickin' award for lil' ol' me? Ah do declare! I didn't have that one, so thanks a ton!
I love the little shoes! SO, so adorable. I wrote about my mother's day today.
xo, Cheryl

Alely L. said...

awwwww....nice to meet you too! thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. i really appreciate that! so don't be a stranger please come back often and i am looking forward through perusing your blog.
xo, alely

Alexandra Crocodile said...

Oooh, congrats on all the awards:) You're becoming really popular here on the blogosphere:)

i'm no miss said...

Thanks to my new followers. It means the blogworld to me!

@Alex - Thanks! You're one of those that make me one haha! Wonder what i'll do without you gals. My thank yous! You know who you are =)

~J said...

Returning you back from FMBT!!! (I'm fashionably late!) Thanks for linking up...Love your blog and congrats on your awards!

Mishieru said...

Hi Antonia! Just wanted to say that i made a slideshow like yours, i hope you don't mind!

Ratz said...

Thankyou for the award.....

Andrea said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I know what you mean by starting out slow, blogwise (if that is even a word. If not, it should be. :o) ). I am now a follower to add to your list of groupies!

Traci66 said...

I am your newest follower via Follow Me Back Tuesday. I am #31 Traci66 on Mr. Linky or http://traci66.blogspot.com I hope you will come follow me and check out my giveaways while your at my blog. My giveaways are on my right sidebar~~Happy Tuesday

Miss Fit said...

Cool! New follower!

The Empress said...

Hi! Please stop over, I have an award up for you!