Friday, March 26, 2010

sweet nothings

They say the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Maybe. But just for the sake of being at the tail of the bandwagon, once in a while I’d like to think of myself as one of those moms in our TV commercials that cook for their husband, do the laundry, mend torn clothes, do all the baby work stuff and massage hubby’s aching body at the end of the day..Whoah! mister hubby could have been the LUCKIEST in the world. But I’m not like that and we’re not like that, so he’s just lucky, not luckiest. We share the housework, thanks god, and it makes us both lucky ;D So I prepare food sometimes, when the budget allows for some experimenting and waste in the end. Such as when I tried doing a maja dessert which was really so simple by the instructions but for some darn reason I always ended up having another dessert which has no name.

So to avoid waste, I stopped trying on maja blanca . Maybe until I talk to my friend who originally taught me how to do it. And I tried doing other desserts. No-bake, inexpensive and hassle-free desserts.

Here’s one.
Graham Cake




Hubby loves mocha. So I put coffee in my version of the cake. And the result..

Tadaa!!

mango graham with coffee twist









Fruit cocktail graham cake











I sure made them without batting an eyelash. Like a pro! 

Another one is Buko Sherbet.
Young coconut meat and coconut water. Condensed milk. Freeze. 

Tadaa!
  



It's always a hit. Better than ice cream. Honey thinks I’m a goddess ;-D Well, I am.

4 comments:

dj said...

hehe galing mo ne!

i'm no miss said...

are you a fan? hehe thanks!!!

Mishieru said...

hi! how can i follow u? pinay din ako. sarap ng graham favorite ko yan hehehe

i'm no miss said...

Hi mishieru!

Thanks for wanting to b my follower. You would be officially my first!

You could click on the "Follow" link I have installed just now. Wow, it' just now that I realized that I haven't done that, of all things. I've been transferring from wordpress to blogger,blogger to wordpress and my blog is just a mess right now. Have you noticed?

Anyway, thanks again for dropping by and I'll be following along yours too.